Warning: A Lopsided Blog

This blog is our "all play, no work" website because we have to limit this blog to personal/family updates only and will continue to send work-related news via email. Also, to check the current time in our city, please scroll down to our time stamp at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to the mess!


After more than two months, we are still not completely moved in - but it isn't stopping us from enjoying the house! Really, I'd like to have everything cleaned up and pretty before I show you what it's like - but maybe this can be a before and after series. Here are some pictures of Thomas and Joseph's room. The idea is to make it a jungle theme, but the only evidence of that is the hanging vines at the doorway. We envision dark green curtains and some cool artwork - and I, personally, envision a clean room!
That's Thomas' desk bed in the background. The door is a little off (we'll fix it soon).

And this is Joseph's bunk bed. The bottom bunk doesn't have a mattress yet.This bare light bulb is going to be replaced with a fan and three lights, which is down in the basement. It's on Bill's list - but now that the weather has changed, it's not a priority!

So, you can see that we have a lot to do! It is a really great room, though. Not pictured are two closets (without doors but nicely shelved) and two nice windows (with good views but no curtains.) Hopefully, we'll see improvements soon!

4 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Janie, I am loving the green vines! =)

The Hampton Family said...

Thanks, Jenni! They make me laugh every time I go through them.

Anonymous said...

I love your house! I especially love the jungle theme. How cool!The boys look great.

The Hampton Family said...

Sadly, the room looks about the same a month later!